Monday, October 22, 2012

Return of the Mac

It was about one year ago that I left the McMaster University Bookstore to join Kobo as Director of Self-Publishing & Author Relations.

I spent 5 fantastic years at Titles Bookstore at Mac and met an amazing group of people.

I'm still rather fond of McMaster, which is why I was quite pleased that the McMaster Alumni Association Book Club chose my new book Haunted Hamilton for a MAC Reads program.

Photo from author Melanie Marttila's blog - Luminaries: The Power of Popular Fiction

Tuesday October 23rd from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM on the 2nd floor Alexander Room of The Hamilton Club (6 Main Street East, Hamilton) I'll be doing a talk, discussion and book signing about the research done for Haunted Hamilton: The Ghosts of Dundurn Castle & Other Steeltown Shivers.  If the mood and the crowd so desires, I might also tell a chilling ghost story or two.  (Hoping they'll be able to turn the lights down for that)

Tickets to attend cost $5.00.  Light refreshments will be served.

I'll also be sure that nobody who attends walks away empty handed, as I'll have a few "Halloween-ish" treats for all who attend.


Bryan Prince Bookseller will be there with books on hand (a wonderful opportunity for you to support a great local bookstore) and you can register online right here.

I'm sure it's going to be a wonderful evening, and I'm very much looking forward to it. It'll be like a tiny little "homecoming" event for me.

No comments: