Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Seen Wanting

I was delighted to see a picture of my friend and fellow book lover Steph (of the awesome Bella's Bookshelves) holding an advance copy of Julie Wilson's forthcoming book Seen Reading, which is based on her wonderful website Seen Reading.

(Seen Reading was the result of Julie seeing a person reading in public, making a note of the book as well as what page of the book the person is on, then head to a local bookstore to jot down some of the text from that page report it all on her website. I blogged about my love for this project In Jan 2011)

So I created a Pinterest board for it called Seen Holding Seen Reading.

Wouldn't it be really cool and very meta to collect pictures of people excitedly holding Julie's awesome book? As the book prepares for launch, I'm making it a personal mission to find photos of people holding Julie's book - then, when it is released, I'll want to collect pictures of it on display in bookstores, being held by booksellers and customers from as many sources as possible.

I think it would just be good, clean fun.

I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the book - so in the meantime, I snapped a picture of myself holding a print-out of the cover of the book.

I call it "Seen Wanting Seen Reading"


Can't wait to add a picture of me holding the REAL BOOK.

And can't wait to read the book too!

1 comment:

Steph said...

You are my favourite, Mark.

You're amazing! I can't wait for the day we work together again on projects.