Friday, April 01, 2011

Put Your Hands Together For This

Last night on CHCH news, there was a bit about the Brant Community Healthcare System posting a video featuring Doctor, Doctor playing "I Want To Wash My Hands" (sung to the tune of The Beatles' "I Want To Hold Your Hand") and featuring staff from the local hospital.  It was cute. I immediately went to check out the whole video on YouTube.



Of course, in the wonderful way that YouTube displays similar videos in the right nav, I noticed another one done by Jefferson University Hospital.

This one is called "Wash 'Em" and is done to the tune of Michael Jackson's "Beat it!" (complete with parallel spoof actions lifted in a hilarious fashion right from the original)



Apparently, there are a lot of similar videos like that out there.

Got to love when people use Weird Al type parody to promote a good cause (that takes minimal effort but has tremendously positive results) like hand-washing.

Speaking of Weird Al . . . after seeing a parody of "Beat it!" I just HAD to go watch his classic "Eat it!" version . . .



Notice how this blog post is a reflection of the way YouTube can really suck a person in and you can almost forget the reason you originally were there . . .

. . . and I almost did, but I'm back on topic.


Washing your hands is important.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the practice, you really should try it. I'm getting tired of being polite about the whole thing and can't help but think of adults who should know better but don't wash their hands as being simply selfish stupid idiots. [No, Mark, don't hold back, tell us what you really think!]



I'd like to put together a list of funny things that people can say to someone when they notice them NOT washing their hands. If we can't appeal to people's intelligence or reason, perhaps we can SHAME them into the practice . . .

No comments: