Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow Thief

We FINALLY got some snow this winter.

Yesterday, about 10 to 15 centimeters of the stuff fell from late morning until the late evening hours.

When I got home from work, Alexander and I enjoyed the task of shoveling. Then again, a couple of hours later, we went back out and did more shoveling.

But as much snow as we got, it still wasn't enough to make a giant snow pile in our yard so we could build a 2010 version of Fort Alexander (here's the 2008 version) -- not even when I pushed MOST of the snow from our driveway and front walk into a single concentrated area to make a larger than normal snow pile.

So, given that, once we finished the driveway and walk, Alexander wasn't done playing in the snow, I kept shoveling, clearing the walk in front of our neighbor's homes and relocating that snow to our pile. And once I started, I kept at it, walking further and further to retrieve snow from the front of my neighbour's homes to bring back to our yard.

My one neighbour, Chad, came to the front door and started to yell at me for shoveling his front walk and driveway ramp. He has a snow blower and often does our walk as well as his neighbour on the other side. He didn't want me doing the harder physical work when he could easily clear it with his blower. But then he looked over to our yard where I was bringing the snow and saw Alexander playing on this gigantic snow pile I had collected and started laughing.

A few minutes later, he came out with a couple of beers and we chatted for a bit before continuing our snow clearing duties.

Who would have thought that I'd be rewarded for stealing my neighbour's snow.

No comments: