Wednesday, October 01, 2008

October Is The Best Month

Woo! Hoo! October 1st is here! Which means it is officially okay for me to start breaking out the Halloween decorations.

Okay, the truth is that we started getting out the Halloween decorations a couple weeks ago, but we really only put a few things out and they were inside the house where only Francine, Alexander and I could enjoy them.

But since October is finally upon us, it is socially acceptable for me to start putting those decorations out on the front lawn.

If I had it my way, we'd have our front yard decorated like a graveyard or haunted house all year, slightly changing the themes motifs with the seasons. Just think how much more punch a zombie Santa Claus and 8 skeletal reindeer would add in December. Or instead of the Easter Bunny, the killer bunny from Monty Python's Holy Grail and a lawn strewn with his victims. And for anyone who has read my horror stories involving snow men (or is familiar with the snowman themed cartoons from Calvin & Hobbes), you know I have a bit of a thing for scary snowmen and there's no end to the freaky snowmen displays you can do throughout the winter months.

Then again, the neighbours would likely start to talk.

Maybe it's a good thing I'm only allowed to decorate for Halloween once per year.

1 comment:

lime said...

oh man, the killer bunny from monty python and calvin's macabre snowmen...i am all over that!

enjoy your decorating.:)