Thursday, January 31, 2008

HNT - MP3

I know this was the theme from several weeks ago, but I couldn't help revisit it, particularly given my rediscovery of the joys of listening to books on tape -- allowing me the distinct pleasure of being able to meet my "resolution" of reading MORE books in 2008.

Right now I'm listening to the unabridged audio book version of John Irving's Until I Find You. I'm only about 4 chapters in, but, like most of Irving's writing, it's a good, solid story and I'm quite enjoying the characters.

And for those who don't get all that excited about books, there's a hidden nekkid treat in a click-thru.

12 comments:

Vixen said...

MP3 players rock. Love mine. :)

tkkerouac said...

Thats a great Idea,
Maybe I should start taking more books in on tape.
Do you think people read as much as they use to?
Happy HNT!

The Ethical Slut said...

I never thought about putting my books on tape on my MP3 player! Great idea.

Happy HNT

Zoely said...

Brilliant. You're so clever. HHNT!

Lapis Ruber said...

I like audio books too but use old fashioned tapes as I don't have an MP3 player - guess I should move into the 21st century. Happy HNT.

lime said...

i should probably try to do the same since i have a 30GB i certainly have the space on mine! good thinking.

HHNT

S said...

I love the fun voices that they choose to do the books on tape. Such fun to get into the mood of it...with say..Vincent Prince or whoever...Ok I know hes dead but you know what I mean....

Erm, I think he's dead, or, at least he oughta be by now.

HHNT Mark!

Bunny said...

One of my neighbors reads books on tape for a living. Well, one of many things he does for a living . . .

Wow - that click-thru was a surprise - looking VERY good, Mr. Lefebrve!

HHNT!

Nude Canadian Boy said...

the only time I recall trying books on tape was on road trips, and somehow the road noise of the old cars drowned out the subtleties of the story... maybe I should try again with my MP3 player.

Nice pics and HHNT

Johanne said...

Not sure I could enjoy audio books... something to try for sure!
HHNT!

BTExpress said...

Why o why did did I click on the picture, why? It just made me jealous of you. :-(

Happy HNT anyway.

Moosekahl said...

Where do you download your books from? I haven't found one source I like yet. Enjoy...

Happy HNT