Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Networking Reaches Further

I was delighted to learn, this past weekend, that my cell phone signal works in Levack, Ontario. And in the basement of my Mom's house, no less. Wow.

I'm still in shock over the whole thing.

Seemingly forever, the signal usually dropped off a few kilometres past Dowling. But now, it works even as far out as good old Levack.

This is, of course, quite convenient for me since my novel Morning Son which takes place mostly in Levack features the main character using his cell phone while walking through town. Despite the fact that I know writers can take certain liberties in their writing and fake some stuff, having written those scenes knowing that a cell phone got absolutely no signal in the town was always troubling to me. But not anymore.

Nice to see reality catch up with my fiction.

No comments: