Wednesday, April 18, 2007

HNT - We're All Hokies

Yesterday morning while walking in to work I noticed all of the University flags were at half mast for the students and faculty who lost their lives at V Tech earlier this week. Then, later on, I caught sign of the "coming together" messages that other Universities and Colleges were offering via various online communities. I know it's a cold comfort, but I'm always impressed at how tragedies can sometimes bring out the best in neighbourly love and support.

To me, HNT is a weekly coming together of people. There's a common "theme" -- posting a picture that celebrates exposure. But that's just a really good excuse to allow folks the chance to connect. That's what it has always been to me. A social, neighbourly thing.

And so in that spirit, I expose a good part of what's been in my heart these past few days.



Thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this week's tragic events at Virginia Tech.

3 comments:

lime said...

nicely done, mark. i like that you put something positive out there.

S said...

Very nice.

I have not shrunk this week, I have grown quite tall, actually.

HHNT Mark

lecram sinun said...

A wonderful HNT, Mark.