Monday, January 09, 2006

Where's The Big Brother?

Today in pop culture history was the day that Clara Peller first uttered the words “Where’s the beef?” in 1984 in the now classic Wendy’s commercial. Yes, it’s hard to believe that it’s been 21 years since that classic campaign which sparked tons of spin off jokes and novelties (my favourite, of course, being the “Here’s The Beef” underwear -- which I never got because this was years before my novelty underwear collection began)

Given that today has “Where’s the beef?” significance, I guess it’s an appropriate date for us to be holding the English language leadership debate.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Now Mark, you know you could find them on the InternetS... !

Mark Leslie said...

Whoops - I guess I'm still living in 2005....thanks Pete. :)

Franny said...

Ooh, baby...hamburgers and politics in the same post. I knew you were a genius, but this is impressive!

Wow, I was only nine when they were looking for the beef!