Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Caught Between The Moon & New York City

I got up at 4:30 AM this morning, in an attempt to get back on track with my werewolf novel. For the past week or so I hadn' t been able to get much done in the mornings, despite abandoning the subscription to the Hamilton Spectator.

But this morning, I got past that last "stopping point" and the words were flowing. So much so that while the extra hour in the morning prior to getting ready for work flowed nicely into another hour of GO train time. As I sometimes do, I was able to use physical descriptions of strangers sitting near me to people a scene in a coffee shop I was writing.

Cdn Werewolf in NY
15409 / 70000 (22.01%)

I'd also been playing around a bit with the title of the book, thinking that maybe I could use "A Canadian Werewolf in New York" for the title. Why not, it would be a fun play on words with the film "An American Werewolf in London" - I was thinking about James Alan Gardner's occasional habit of giving his short stories fun and intriguing long names (as seen and talked about in his recent short story collection Gravity Wells), although Gardner never did use long silly titles for his novels - just the short fiction.

In any case, I'm fooling around with titles like "A Canadian Werewolf in New York" and "Caught Between The Moon & New York City" -- which I know, if the novel ever gets picked up, would likely be shot down by the publisher to a maximum of four words.

No comments: